Learn have to get even more out of every penny

Welcome to my "Thrifty Business"


Welcome

I have always been thrifty. I often have others ask me how I do it. Here I want to share with you some of these things. I am also happy to learn more from all of you how to save even more. At one time or another, we all find ourselves in a situation where we need to stretch our dollar as far as it will go.
However, the need for this now is more than ever. I grew up in a home with a mother and father who grew up before, during and after WWII. My parents new the value of a penny, and when times were better they continued to live thrifty.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Introduction

I want to introduce my blog.  I have found my self once again in a position where I need to be as thrifty as possible in order to get by.  I am a stay at home mom with all kinds of home making skills. However, I have very little job experience.  I have held a few jobs, but never really made a lot of money at any of them.  So, I turned to do what I think is pretty equal to earning money, and that is, Saving money.  My Father taught me that "A penny saved is a penny earned".  My Father taught me not to waste anything and how to do without.

I've always been thrifty, I thought everyone grew up the way I did.  I didn't realize that this was something that I was taught.  My parents were perfect examples of living on less than they made.  They had no debt, if they wanted or needed something, they would save up for it.  When some one awes at my thriftiness, it makes me want to laugh, because compared to my parents, I don't even come close.

I had a friend who once told me that she could tell that I lived thrifty and wasted very little.  I asked her how she could tell.  Her reply was that my trash can was never full, where theirs was always overflowing and they would often ask if there were room in mine and if they could put a few things in it.  It took me a while to figure out how that meant that I was thrifty.  I started to notice people's trash after that.  (I know, that's weird, but it really helped me, maybe it will help you too.)  The main thing that I noticed was packaging.  Yep, that was it.  Freezer meal boxes, conveniently packaged items etc.

Here I plan to take those things I've learned on how to stretch a dollar and share them with my fellows who have found themselves in need of cutting back and saving as much as they can in these hard times.  Please feel free to improve on anything, and add your experiences and ideas that you've tried that I haven't.  I'm hoping to find more ways to cut back and stretch my buck even more.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Ma, you already have twice as many followers as me! I'm really excited for this blog. And I'm sorry I replied to your fb message a bit late. Love you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have had the same parents. Hee hee. Mine thought me the same thing. I thank them every day for that still. It is a rare thing. Trust me, common sense is not very common at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use old t-shirts cut them in one long 1 inch strip starting at the bottom and cutting around and around until you get to the arm pits. You can put it till it rolls. Wind it into a ball and use as yarn. Knit or crochet.

    ReplyDelete